Having empathy to understand how people think, feel and interact with the world around them, is critical for creating amazing universal and accessible experiences for all. It is not only a matter of being compassionate, but by using empathy and design thinking, we can deliver game changing solutions that last a lifetime and also positively impact the business bottomline. Join Austin, Daniel, Linda and Mikey to learn how having empathy has impacted their thinking to better connect, people to the world in which they live, work and play.
What You Will Learn
- What Is Empathy & Why It Matters
- Design Thinking & Universal Design
- To Tech or Not To Tech
- Testing 1,2, 3
- Nothing about us, without us
- Learn, Live, Share
Sharing our passion, stories and experience to bring awareness and knowledge to all regardless of business, product or project.
- Austin Seraphin, computer programmer, accessibility consultant and cofounder of Philly Touch Tours @AustinSeraphin
- Daniel Connors, Product Knowledge at Comcast and Leadership Council for Clarke Schools for Hearing & Speech www.linkedin.com/in/dconnors17,
- Linda Daniels, Leading Learning Innovation and Experience Architect at Comcast www.linkedin.com/in/lindadanielsdesign
- Mikey Ilagan, Accessibility Specialist at Think Company and Geekadelphia Editor in Chief www.linkedin.com/in/mikeyil
Date: October 26, 2017
Location: University of PA, Huntsman Hall, 3730 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104