Presented jointly by PANMA and the Society for Technical Communication – Philadelphia Metro Chapter (STC-PMC)
Are you tired of working for someone else? Want to set your own goals and drive your own destiny, but are not sure how to get started? Perhaps you have some innovative ideas and want to see if they will work for you as a career option. Join PANMA and STC-PMC for an interactive panel discussion featuring five experts from a range of freelance professions.
What You’ll Learn:
- Differences between “full-time” and freelance
- Skills required for freelancing
- How to manage time and projects
- Working with clients and “selling”
- How to start a plan for success
Follow-up Q&A with social happy hour to follow.
Date: Thursday, February 25, 2016
Time: Doors open at 5:30pm. Program runs 6 – 7:30pm.
Follow-up Q&A with social networking to follow.
Location: JM Huntsman Hall, 3730 Walnut Street, Philadelphia PA 19104
- Ernie Lim is a freelance drone operator based out of Philadelphia, and the world of aerial cinematography is one of his greatest passions. If you’ve been to a 76ers game or watched abc6 news, you’ve probably seen some of his work. Follow him on Instagram (Flowsunmedia)
- Katie Aquino, a.k.a. Miss Metaverse, is an international keynote speaker, consultant, filmmaker, and entrepreneur based in New York. Previously, she produced digital content for the film and television industry for companies like Solaris Entertainment and AEG Productions. Find out more about Katie here: http://futuristmm.com
- Alisha Miranda is a digital media professional, and the first Client Success Manager at Technical.ly, the local network of tech news sites and events. Previously, she spent nearly a decade in New York helping CEOs, small business owners and media brands develop their marketing and revenue opportunities. Keep up with Miranda on Twitter @makeshiftalisha
- David Calloway, a long-time technical communicator, will share his experiences as a contract writer for various companies including Salesforce, Bank Of America and Pfizer. In addition to writing, he is also a musical performer, conference organizer and industry leader. https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidcalloway
- Danielle Villegas writes the popular tech comm blog, TechCommGeekMom, which continues to grow since it started as a student blog in grad school! Hear how a social media course got her started as one of the more prolific tech comm bloggers in the industry, her secrets to what makes a successful blog, and why blogging isn’t dead yet.