Amazon in Philly: do we want it? If yes, how badly? If no, why not?
We’ve assembled an incredible panel to talk about what this type of business would mean for our sector and our city. Join us for a thoughtful, in-depth conversation that pushes past hot takes and gets into the big issues.
Up for discussion:
- How are we trying to attract Amazon?
- How could Philly benefit from a tech giant?
- How could Philly be hurt by a tech giant?
- How might big business impact our tech sector?
- How might big business impact our city?
- Big business: take it, or leave it?
Our panel will include:
- Brigitte Daniel, Executive Vice President, Wilco Electronic Systems
- Adam Glaser, Chief Design Officer, Benjamin’s Desk/Founder, Cities Buildings Rooms
- Sylvie Gallier Howard, Chief of Staff, City of Philadelphia Department of Commerce
- Alex Hillman, Co-founder, Indy Hall
- Mjumbe Poe, Co-founder and CTO, FixList
- Moderator: Fabiola Cineas, Business Editor, Philadelphia Magazine
Date: November 30, 2017
Time: 6 – 8 pm (Note later start time!)
Location: University of PA, Steinberg Dietrich Hall, Phila PA 19104. This is on Locust Walk between 36th and 37th.